Assumes: Traveling north or south on I-15
- Take the Brigham City 900 North (milepost 365) exit
- Turn west (away from Brigham City)
- After traveling 2.4 miles, take the fork to the left labeled "Golden Spike National Monument"
- Travel for 16.1 miles, then turn left on a road that is labeled as leading to the Golden Spike National Monument
- In 1.8 miles you will reach another fork--take the left fork; a sign reading "Welcome to Promontory" is in the middle of the fork
- Continue traveling; in 20.5 miles the paved road gives way to a dirt road
- Travel an additional 11.5 miles to the "Y" in the road--take the left fork; go down the hill and across
the railroad tracks; continue on this road, which will wind through material storage areas and on to the material processing area and the dock
Note: If coming from Boise on I-84, take milepost 26 exit; travel south (on route #83) for approximately 15 miles;
turn right on road near Thiokol; and follow instructions 5, 6 and 7 (above).
If you have problems/questions, contact:
-- Lindon, UT: Brad, 801.443.4002
-- Blackfoot, ID: Bob, 208.785.1152